1. the state or quality of being creative.
2. the ability to transcend traditional ideas, rules, patterns, relationships, or the like, and to create meaningful new ideas, forms, methods, interpreta- tions, etc.; originality, progressiveness, or imagina- tion: the need for creativity in modern industry.
3. the process by which one utilizes creative ability: Extensive reading stimulated his creativity.
1. initiative; aggressiveness; resourcefulness: With her gumption she'll make a success of herself.
2. courage; spunk; guts: It takes gumption to quit a high-paying job.
3. common sense; shrewdness.